Vocab & Idioms

Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Read the word/expression and definition out loud, and your tutor will get over anything y'all practise non understand. Practice creating a judgement or ii to make certain you know how to use the word/expression properly.

Vocabulary/ Expressions

to enjoy someone'due south company ( expression) to similar spending fourth dimension with someone
to drift apart ( expression)  to become less close to someone
to have a lot in common (expression) to share similar interests
to go back years (expression) to have known someone for a long time
to take ups and downs (expression) to accept expert and bad times
to keep in touch with (expression) to keep in contact with
to lose impact with (expression) to not see or hear from someone any longer
to strike up a relationship (expression) to begin a friendship
to be well matched ( expression) to exist similar to
to work at a relationship (expression) to endeavor to maintain a positive relationship with someone

Part ane Questions

Hither are possible questions that might come upwards during the test. Go over them with your tutor.

Topic

  • Practise you lot encounter your friends very often?
  • What do y'all like near your shut friends?
  • Accept you known each other long?

Role two&iii Questions

Here are possible questions that might come up upwards during the test. Go over them with your tutor.

Sample A

Part 2 Questions

  • Describe an interesting neighbour. Yous should say:
    • Who this person is
    • How you know this person
    • What this person likes to do
    • And explain why you recollect this neighbor is interesting

Part 3 Questions

  • What is the difference between neighbors and friends?
  • How can you ameliorate your neighborhood?

Sample B

Function 2 Questions

  • Depict a person who you have met and desire to know more about. You should say:
    • Who this person is
    • When and where you met
    • What you did or talked about

Part three Questions

  • What are some of the ways people can assist others in the community? Which one is most important?
  • Some people say that people help others in the community more now than they did in the past. Practice you concur or disagree? Why?

Sample C

Part 2 Questions

  • Describe someone who has great influence on you. Yous should say:
    • Who this person is
    • How she knew this person
    • What influence this person has on you
    • And how you call up of the influence

Role 3 Questions

  • What is the importance of friends?
  • Would you like to have a few very expert friends or a lot of just friends?

Sample Answers

Here are some sample answers. Go over them with your tutor.

Office 1 Questions

  • Practice you see your friends very ofttimes?
    • Yeah … we meet upwardly most weekends … we all get on really well and take a lot in common so we're always happy doing the same things and going to the same places.
  • What do you like about your close friends?
    • I think we enjoy each other's company … we run into eye-to-eye on most things so nosotros rarely fall out with each other.
  • Take y'all known each other long?
    • Virtually of them yes … although my closest friend Carrie … we struck upwards a relationship at college and got on similar a house on burn … but yes … my other friendships go back years to when we were at school.

Part 2&iii Answers

Here are some sample answers. Get over them with your tutor.

Sample A

Function 2 Questions

  • Describe a person who one time moved to live with you. You should say:
    • When and where this person moved in
    • How you lot know this person
    • How you got forth with this person
    • And how you lot feel about living with this person

Well, I'm going to talk well-nigh a person who is ane of my flatmate in Commonwealth of australia. Her name is Linda. Possibly, she is one of the best friends of mine who lived with me.

Offset, I would love to talk a little bit nigh the time and the identify where she lived in. It was on a very freezing Sunday night around 2 or 3 degree Celsius. In the very center of the winter, I hateful in July, there was a girl struggling with loads of baggage knocking at the door of my firm. She said hi to everyone in a very apprehensive fashion. This is a sort of the scenario of how I got to know her.

There should be a fate betwixt usa, I reckon. What I hateful fate hither is by blow we got to know each other and nosotros are at the same hometown back in India and we used to live in the aforementioned area in Bharat when both of us were going to a university in Bombay. But nosotros but run across with each other simply in Australia.

Moving onto the next signal, I would like to arroyo the idea of our human relationship. To be honest, we were non in a very skillful harmony initially because of some misunderstandings and conflicts during the time we lived in nether the same roof, shared the rent, bills and fourth dimension clash. But gradually, we discovered out that nosotros take a lot of mutual interests and characteristics. Living with her is quite enjoyable considering we could share lots of things together, simply did not accept to worry near bothering each other in the daily life.


Part three Questions

  • What is the difference betwixt neighbors and friends?
    • Well.. I remember the 2 terms define your human relationship with others in different ways. Neighbors are divers by people who live close to me–in other words, physical proximity–and friends are people who are close to me in an emotional or experiential way. Also to become my friend, they need my consent whereas neighbors don't actually demand to be a mutual relationship.
  • How tin y'all better your neighborhood?
    • In that location are many ways to meliorate my neighborhood. I can first by picking up trash when I see 1 to keep the streets clean. Of course being respectful to my neighbors — such equally saying hello, and keeping the noise down– would be an important one as well.

Sample B

Part ii Questions

  • Depict a person who you lot have met and want to know more about. Yous should say:
    • Who this person is
    • When and where you met
    • What you did or talked about

I'm going to talk most an associate who I've recently met at my local English language club. His name's Dave and he's about the aforementioned age as me, I mean… most people would agree that he looks quite young for his historic period, I call back it's mainly due to his hairstyle.

Dave has recently completed his postgraduate degree at Melbourne Academy in Commonwealth of australia and he'south currently looking for a job in Vietnam, well, he told me that he would similar to become an IELTS instructor, despite the fact that he holds an MBA, I estimate teaching English has always been one of his passions.

I accept to say that I don't know him really well because nosotros but had a few brief conversations at the local English club, but he seems like a fascinating person that I would like to get to know meliorate in the future. Anyway, when it comes to his personality…. Honestly, as I've said earlier, we've only had a few brief conversations, and so I don't know him really well…Nonetheless, I would guess that he's a very friendly and approachable private, in fact, he actually made an effort to break the ice because I was just too shy to strike up a conversation. Well, in terms of the core reasons why I recall we could become forth quite well…

Firstly, nosotros are both passionate about English, actually, he had just scored a band viii in his IELTS test and it would exist great if he could give me all the advice that I demand to be at the aforementioned level. Secondly, I'm also planning to study abroad in Australia then he would be the ideal person to pb me in the right management, you know., like…enrolling into the right form, getting a role-time job and then on.


Part 3 Questions

  • If you lot had a problem, would yous get to your friends or family? Why?
    • Outset, I'd get to my friends, because they are closer to me and they know me amend. They would be most likely to exist able to help me or give me advice rather than my family because they would sympathise me and the problem meliorate.
  • Can you give me an case of such situation?
    • Yes, not long agone I was in a relationship and I wasn't convinced it was a good thing in the long run, and I mentioned my doubts to two of my friends who know me extremely well and they know what I call back is important in terms of relationships; they also know me very well as a person and can tell me when I'm just being stupid about something or when it'south really not the best thing for me, and so I trust their sentence on such things.Anyway, after discussing it with them separately, they both made some comments which were a little different only basically similar and information technology helped me to get some things straight in my own mind nearly what I should exercise about the problem

Sample C

Part 2 Questions

  • Describe someone who has a smashing influence on y'all. You lot should say:
    • Who this person is
    • How she knew this person
    • What influence this person has on you lot
    • And how you retrieve of the influence

For this topic, I would definitely talk about my best guy friend. Probably it'south his personalities that not simply makes me feel so proud to be a friend of his but also inspires me to improve myself.

The first feature that makes my friend special is that he's a typical perfectionist. In well-nigh whatever state of affairs that he can come up with the best solution and reasons why information technology's the best. Sometimes I go a bit lost, his astonishing analyzing skill indeed helps get me through. Another characteristic that I've plant super inspiring is his determination. Well, I suppose that most men are born determined, yet, my friend is a unlike story. He never gives upwards on things he'due south really passionate near. For example, concluding semester, he slept just thirty minutes a twenty-four hour period, five days a calendar week continuously to become his group projection done. In addition, it'due south not a big surprise that his name is always in the top-educatee list. That passion, that determination have encouraged me to keep moving forward.

More often than not, for a neat shift that he brought to my life, I am thankful for having this friend.


Part 3 Questions

  • What is the importance of friends?
    • Well, speaking more often than not, having friends is good because you lot can share things with them, not just activities and events, but you can share your thoughts and feelings with them. Sometimes yous can help each other in a bad situation or simply just be there to support them in whatever they are doing. Nobody likes feeling alone so having friends is very important for most people.
  • Would you lot like to accept a few very good friends or a lot of just friends?
    • Actually, I don't have a lot of friends – merely I do accept a few actually adept, close friends that I spend time with and talk to all the time. We are virtually like family. I've e'er preferred to make actually good long term friendships with people rather than try and be friends with everyone.

Wrap-upwardly

Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.

cambly-practice-button2